Whew, so It’s been a while since I released alpha 2… Soo much has changed and been improved. Here’s a brief changelog of stuff I can remember off the top of my head.
- New main menu and faster startup times.
- Lots more assets to load at startup so it’s actually doing stuff while you have to look at the pictures.
- New map. A huge dungeon assembled off arenas from the web map generator.
- Rooms seal upon entry and then depending on how deep you are get harder and harder.
- Sounds! ok just some basic sounds but man does it make a difference.
- New look for gameplay areas and tiles.
Lots of hooks are ready for easy insertion of new enemies, powerups, and the special items that will be included in the store you can visit between levels (soon).
Overall I’m incredibly pleased with the amount of progress. I’m mostly excited about having reached a point where I can do so many thing (new graphics, monsters, quests… the mind boggles!!!)
For now, I’m just gonna play a bit.
As always you can download it here(~12mb), and as always use it at your own risk, I make no claims that it won’t terrorize your cat, melt your eyeballs, or do any other unpredictable things.. But it seems to be working just fine for me.
 changed out some sounds for better samples of what I intend for the end product. [/edit]