Short post on progress things. Things have just been lots of grunt work and non pretty things.
Will have things to show real soon.
- basic player object ..er.. exists and rotates properly.. mostly. need to knock out some better test sprites and stuff to be able to make things actually ‘work’ together, but the fundamental concept of 8 direction independently moving head, torso, arms, lowerbody seems to work and will look pretty cool.
- monster entities can be spawned and basically kept track of.. no AI or whatnot but still it’s a start.
- Implemented basic box2d physics for player and monsters. this will have all sorts of fun payoff later I hope. Force waves, shapnel etc 🙂
- Got the macro tiles wired for a* pathfinding.
- Got the World generating a Maze and then replacing it with matching macrotiles that randomly match the exits of the cell.
- started on map rendering
- camera instance screen objects so I can have a smooth moving controllable camera that chases the player.
See.. lots of neat stuff… however nothing that you can actually look at other than a bunch of diagnostic log output.
Performance wise it seems to be running at ~240 fps on the low end test machine and ~somewhere over 3,000 fps on the new machine.
So I might need to add in a ‘laptop’ mode which disables the whiz bang pretty stuff I hope to get put in.
and damnit .. http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d the introductory price will be ending soon.
So I’ve got to grab that soon.