All the text on the cards were wrapped up by Sunday night as hoped! This included the 30 something painted cards and a blank placeholder for the ones that have not been painted yet.
It turns out that there will be 8 blank cards in the set so I’m thinking of making them a couple of rule summary cards instead of leaving em blank.
With the basic decks assembled, I ordered a copy of the game from thegamecrafter.com (as the designer I only have to pay manufacturing and shipping which makes it more affordable in case I need to do multiple iterations of some core mechanic (which I don’t think so .. but you never know))
So I just got the shipping confirmation email and the UPS guys say it should be here by Friday. So that gives me a couple days to catch up on some pet projects and freelance stuff.
Whoa, I’ve been a bad blogger. It’s been over two months since I updated this thing. Time to get back in the swing of things then.
So after finishing the monster of all paintings, creativly, I was a bit drained. So I spent about a month not really doing anything.. just recharging the old batteries. Then via Raph Koster’sblog I heard of something super exciting!
Consequently my brain went into hyperdrive and threatened to explode. I glanced at one of my little doodles at work ( a gigantic 3 eyed sheep stomping around a landscape) and my next pet project was born.
So here I am, a little over a month later, over 50% of the way there with the final art (drawing and painting in photoshop 125 sheep is a lot of work, it turns out.) And the cards are 90% of the way defined. The immediate goal is to have all the cards put in their final state by next Monday, and then order a playtest set, for tweaking the numbers and mechanics while I wrap up the art.