So it only took a little under 7 months, this weekend I finally wrapped up the behemoth that’s been hanging in the kitchen since January. The biggest change was wiping out the sun, which I spent so much time into getting perfect the first time around. However it just wasn’t working. Once the sun got off the canvas the remainder just fell into place.
While it was fun for the most part, I’m seriously gonna think twice before starting another canvas of that size. It just takes so long and so much effort you wind up just tired of it before you’re halfway, and then once part comes out brilliant, just as imagined, everything else seems sub-par. Thank god it wasn’t in oils though, or I’d just be starting the glazes.
Next up, a commissioned (I barter for exotic liquor) series of cute jungle animals for a cute little niece. Lions, gazelles, giraffes and a penguin(?) oh My!
Well technically its day 8 but we’re not talking about the first attempt to paint the castle. Next picture I do.. definatly no weird lighting.. standard 3 light.. Not 100% happy with it but Technically the blends on the castle are as good as they’re going to get until I get a bunch more practice. I did a lot of blending and its still mostly luck wether I get the effect I want when I make a stroke.. sometimes the paint on the brush stays on the brush.. some times it decides to make a thick sharp stroke and sometimes it come out with this beautiful soft edged blend between what was already on the canvas and what’s on the brush..
I guess that’s the whole ‘practice’ thing…
Oh well here’s where things stand.
So Next up is the big blends on the sky.. that promises to be exciting.. but I need to buy some more pthalo blue and another tube of white and a thing of blending medium before I can tackle that..
So that means its Sunday at the earliest.. more likely i’m done til next week.
[Edit: almost forgot]
Oh and here’s a picture of the palette at the end .. its actually kind of a fun texture and visual