My how time flies when you’re busy!
In fact it’s so easy to forget to keep updating the blog when you’ve got real projects that need to get done. Luckily I’ve got a good pace of things going and seem to have settled into a nice routine which keeps GFW from going insane and keeps the freelance work getting done in a timely fashion. However it hasn’t exactly left a lot of time to spare for pet projects.
I need to get back to doing what I need to do. I need to make stuff. It has been too long since I’ve made something. (and I’ve got to finish those dang oil paintings!)
What Have I Been Doing?
So for posterity’s sake let’s do a quick re-cap shall we?
- Consulting work = good. Got a nice workload of it that’s just about ready to wrap up.
- Swiftthought Games is now a real entity (ooohh!)
- Banking stuff is set up.
- Mutant Sheep Eat the Earth! is down to 40 illustrations to go. Then a get a new proof set to do a couple rounds of playtesting.
- Baby is cute and a handful.
- I wish I had time to paint!
- Wenderflonia’s store is almost ready to go.
Time to get rolling! First priority, finish the MSETE! website and illustrations.
I’ve got an Idea percolating for a smaller board game that I need to make a quick playtest mock of.
What I’ve been Playing
- Starcraft II – so apparently has everyone else on earth. It’s very good if a bit old school.
- Elemental – been playing the betas, it’s come a long way in a very short time and the release version promises a nice Master of Magic type fix.
- Minecraft – highly addictive and still early in development. Mining and building and monsters. There’s a couple free old versions available to play, but the latest alpha builds are only available if you buy it (around $13 but going up soon)
- Bejeweled Blitz – 60 seconds of crack in a pretty match 3 shell.
Quakecon! this coming weekend. Me and Parker are heading downtown for 2 days of massive lan party goodness and whatever else there is to see.