So after a nice little hiatus with the game programmy project its back to work on the behemoth that’s been hogging up the kirchen for going on a month now.
I really didn’t want to do this, which is why it probably took so long. You see, I didn’t finish the background first… and you always start in the background and make your way closer to the viewer. That way.. you don’t wind up having to paint over large swatches of the stuff you’ve already painted.
Which I did. Which sucks and isn’t a lot of fun knowing you’ve got to do something you were happy with all over again.
I actually fudged over the planet area fairly well so there’s just a couple small things that are going to need reworking.. so in all reality it could have been much worse.
So After that I started re-refining all the shade transitions on the gearwork and after I slopped a little shading on the planet guide beam thing I made up my mind to actually render out the gear works instead of the flat blue shapes.
The base color for 2 of them done and some simple shading on the smaller one and a little detail and it’s a good stopping point.